The World of Farland©, The Farland Campaign©, The Farland Setting©, this entire website, and all original content and intellectual property is Copyright 2016 S. Baker. All rights reserved. Do not replicate, copy, or use without written permission except for single copies of the materials available through this website. Use it solely for noncommercial, personal use. You may not distribute copies of this material to others, even in electronic format, without written permission. Items created under the open gaming license are exempt from this claim and may be used.
Non-copyrighted materials are believed to be in the common domain and are used as such. If you know this to be in error, please email me with proof and I will remove them. Under no circumstances is the use of copyrighted material to be interpreted as a challenge to the ownership rights of the copyright holders. All ownership rights remain with their respective copyright holders.
Art work used on this website is either copyright S. Baker, is used because the license on the art is designated "reusable for non-commercial purposes," or is used by permission of the respective artists, and copyright is indicated on the page where each piece is used. No artwork on this site may be sold, given away, added to or used in any sort of e-stationary, cards, or other such works, regardless of whether they are to be given away or sold. The World of Farland does not sell or otherwise market images owned by Todd Lockwood, Wizards of the Coast, or other artists or copyright holders, or in any other way generate profit from their use, directly or indirectly. Neither may you do so. If you wish to use any artwork on this site, you must apply to the respective copyright holders to do so. For a list of artwork used by permission, see here.
If you submit art or fan art to this site, it becomes copyright of S. Baker. This does not apply to art work used by permission.
This is a non-profit site intended only for entertainment and education. By using this site, you agree to these terms and you also agree that your use of this website is at your own risk. This site employs cookies, although it collects no personal information and sells no data.
If you have a legal issue or wish further information, contact the webmaster S. Baker. We wish to settle all potential copyright infringement issues quickly and amicably, as they are certainly unintentional.
All mechanical game material is produced under the 5e Open Gaming License.
The following are Farland identity and not open game content:
-Artwork, banners, and icons
-Farland Mass Combat System
-All Farland texts and write-ups not designated as Open Game Content.
For all non-Farland identity skills, feats, spells, powers, items, weapons, conditions, races:
-Names are OGC
-Descriptions are OGC
-Any associated data is OGC
OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a
The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc ("Wizards"). All Rights Reserved.
1. Definitions: (a)"Contributors" means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)"Derivative Material" means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; (c) "Distribute" means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)"Open Game Content" means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) "Product Identity" means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) "Trademark" means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) "Use", "Used" or "Using" means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) "You" or "Your" means the licensee in terms of this agreement.
2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.
3.Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.
4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty -‐‑ free, non --‐‑ exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.
5.Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
6.Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder's name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.
7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co --‐‑ adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.
8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.
9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.
10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.
11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.
12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.
13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.
14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.
15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE The World of Farland, the entire website, and all non-OGL content is copyright 2016 S. Baker. All rights reserved.
END OF LICENSE
Artwork Used by Permission of the respective copyright holders:
"Apocalypse" © 2000 Todd Lockwood.
"Black Whip" © 2006 Dimitar Nikolov.
"Celtic Warrior" © 2016 jcjacobsson.
"Chaos Lord" © 2006 Erik Hilliker.
"Character for Kings of the Realm" © 2016 Grafit-art
"Demon Summoning" © 2006 Steve Argyle.
"Dragonlance" © 1999 Wizards of the Coast.
"Dragon Mountains" © 2008 Jason Juta.
"Lair of the Hydra" © 2017 Zen-Master.
"Norse Warrior" © 2016 Dastcher.
"TSR Jam" © 1999 Todd Lockwood.
"Viking" © 2016 Max Emmert. "Warrior" © 2016 Digital Fantasy.